Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Think I Am In Love

Love is definitely in the air today! The sun is shining, birds are chirping, stars are aligning, I-is-a-rhyming, all in commemoration of a praised annual holiday that many, if not all of us, enjoy celebrating…Valentines Day. Whether you are single, in a relationship or both, you can't deny the infectious feeling that love brings and the desire to outwardly display how much you love someone.

In honor of love, I really wanted to highlight what I am passionate about and what brings me an immense amount of joy every time I do it. If you can't tell by now, I am a crazed, unapologetic Zumba fanatic and if you have ever taken and enjoyed a Zumba class before, its easy to understand why. However, this week I decided to take a step back and really ask myself why I teach.

I know there are a lot of fitness professionals out there who merely teach classes as a hobby or a way to earn an extra income, but Zumba Fitness has become a lot more than that to me. I will admit that when I first started teaching classes, all I was interested in was losing weight and making money (every penny counts, right?). It didn't really concern me how many people were in my class or how people felt about my class. I was teaching for ME and had no problem keeping it that way.

It wasn't until I started to build a real community and saw people transform before my eyes that I began to fall in love. I actually woke up excited to go to "work" and see everyone's beautiful, smiling faces as we enjoyed an hour long dance party together. But what really captured me was hearing from countless students about how much my class made their day "better". What an awesome and humbling position to be in to enhance even one small part of another person's life. And of course, in an effort to help transform the lives of others, my life has forever been changed and enriched by my classes and students as well.

Now I know for certain why I teach and I am grateful for this opportunity. I let go of my selfish reasoning and I now make every class about…YOU! What truly makes me happy is the chance to help and inspire you while on your fitness journey. By the end of each class, my goal is make sure that each person receives a little of what they need to get through the day. Whether its a good sweat, burned calories, a stress reliever or an opportunity to dance, I am here to make your day better. Accomplishing that goal gives me a pleasure, a passion and a love greater than I could've ever imagined, and its something I hope I can continue doing for many years to come.


So while you ponder on this national day of love, think about what your passions. What drives you, inspires you and how can you share that with the world to hopefully inspire others? Feel free to leave a comment below with what makes you passionate, I'd love to hear your thoughts Zum-buddies! Enjoy this day of Amour and remember that with love, all things are possible! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment